Saturday, September 12, 2009

On the Road Again

So I am on the road again, headed south for whale watching, researching delfinotherapia, concentrating on writing, learning Spanish, and most importantly learning and teaching about brain injury. Finally having identified and overcome my residual post-robbery fear of writing in public I have begun filling a notebook with new blog entries which I will post as soon as possible.

As always I am energized and inspired by the thrill of discovery, learning, meeting new people, and new experiences. I look forward to sharing all of my travels and experiences and being better-able to help through them.

I will do my best to keep up the blog through this next month of travels, but wanted to keep you updated as to why I am straying from the connection series. Never fear, I will return to that in the near future....

9 comments:

  1. Hi D, I have gone for awhile myself. I have tried ever so hard to get my son to read and participate in your blog. What do you recommend? Your perpespective as a TBI may be what I need to get my point across to him. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are heling me understand my daughter. Wish you would return, it is a worry that you have been out of touch so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, does anyone know when DK will return? jh

    ReplyDelete
  4. wish you would come back

    ReplyDelete
  5. we sadly lost our adult daughter recently. She suffered from TBI also. You were a great help in understanding her. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if anyone knows whats going on with dorothy please post it

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason I can't get back into the blog to post. I deeply apologize that I have been absent for so long. I was staying away from exceedling uncomfortable drama. For some reason I can no longer post on it. I have started a new travel blog, though nothing to do with brain injury I would love to hear what you think of it. http://adventuressetravels.wordpress.com

    Dorothy Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I just came across your blog and I have a wonderful book for you and your mom to look at. It's called "Unthinkable" by Dixie Fremont-Smith Coskie. It's written in diary format from a mother who's son suffered from a head injury in 2001. It is real, powerful, and informative. She even gives helpful tips for all familiy members and friends who are trying to understand TBI. Tell your mom to check it out, seriously, it may really help -- I know that it helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
    help for those looking to stay in home

    ReplyDelete