Monday, February 23, 2009

Brain Injury Awareness Month - Faces of Brain Injury

Did you know March is TBI Awareness Month?  


If you already knew then you're one step ahead of me - I didn't have a clue until last week when my contact at the Northeast Center asked me if I had seen their Brain Injury Awareness site.

http://brain-aware.northeastcenter.com/


The Northeast Center takes their 2009, "Faces of Brain Injury," theme very seriously.  Through 12 downloadable Brain Injury Awareness Month Posters, they seek to humanize this condition and show that the faces of injury are as varied as the injuries themselves.  Brain Injury awareness not only celebrates survivors, but also spouses, parents, siblings, doctors, therapists, advocates, and every member of this diverse group of individuals from an array of other backgrounds making this community.


Put a poster up in your office or at school, let a friend know a little more about how you are related to TBI,  talk to someone you meet this month.  It doesn't have to be a big deal, but if all of the members of this community work just a little harder to help put a face to brain injury, then think what we can do towards raising awareness.  This month, let's make strides towards making the invisible injury visible...


2 comments:

  1. What does this group say abt individual councilling? I've had such good luck with it, though I had to try several therapists before I found one that worked best, it really saved my life. All TBI are individual, all diff, I think each of us needs tailor made help, & we always need help, maybe everyone does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do alot with tbi in my state as i am on board of directors of the disability rights commission. we have lots planned for march its going to b great.

    ReplyDelete