Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dorothy From Kansas



That other Dorothy just played the part; I'm the real Dorothy.  I've been to Oz, and it isn't a world of singing Munchkins and Technicolor friends.  It's scary there over the rainbow.  

I didn't know my name was Dorothy 'til I was 7 and I got my first passport.  I guess my parents wanted to protect me from being teased at school, Dorothy from Kansas, and all.  After being teased all through Italy (Where's Toto, There's no place like home, etc etc) I resolved to keep my name to myself - have a secret identity, if you will.  But secrets always have a way of coming out, and the day my identity claimed me was the worst day of my life.  

2 comments:

  1. your blogs are too short ! ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes my sad. When I first "met you so to say" and read your name Dorothy.... my first thought was what a lovely name and I never once thought of the Wizzard of Oz. I am sorry you experienced that in your life.

    ReplyDelete