Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Eve

One of the things I miss most about KU is the college radio station, KJHK.  Not only is it one of the best college stations in the country (www.kjhk.org), but DJing also helped me a great deal with my recovery.  Music has always been important to me, but after the accident it meant so much more.  It saved my life; without it I am certain that would not be where I am today.  


Music as therapy and KJHK were hugely important to my recovery, and do I really miss DJing.  Thankfully, though some of the other KJHK DJs live in Brooklyn and seeing them spin is a nice vicarious thrill.  I try and make the trip to Williamsburg to see them play on a semi-regular basis.  However with the L subway line under construction, the little trip can turn into the Incredible Journey.  Luckily they were playing in the right borough for New Years,  at a cute little club in the Lower East Side.

  
The balmy 60 degree weather of last week had plummetted to some unholy temperature that felt like it hovered around -54; in other words,  great weather for strappy dresses and tights.  J picked me up around 8, and we had a excellent meal at Orsay, this cute little French restaurant on the Upper East Side.  I hadn't had French food in ages, and had forgotten how much I like it. 


After dinner we took a taxi down to LES, for some great music, wonderful company, terrible dancing, and altogether too much alcohol.   I couldn't have asked for a better New Years.  2009 is going to be a great year...

No comments:

Post a Comment